ProFrame 2015 Support (Home)
Basic Core Concept
The basic concept of this system is to setup Catalogs and Vendors, setup and assign each Inventory Item to a Vendor and Catalog.
This allows you to segregate all products by Catalog. The idea is to be able to control global pricing, discounting and reporting using this catalog system at any level
through out ProFrame 2015. Setup Routes that represent geographical locations (delivery routes). Then setup Ship To Accounts assigning them multiple routes.
Use the Order Entry program to process open work orders as confirmed, shipped or edit work orders, add-ons and create new work orders.
Then use the Host-WIP and Remote-WIP programs to process open items and print pull sheets and route sheets to fill work orders for shipment and delivery.
The rest is basic accounting.
Core Concept Guide:
- Catalogs - Setup Groups and Sub-Catalogs for each Catalog of products that you carry and sell.
- Inventory Items - Assign each to a Vendor and Catalog. (see above)
- Routes - Route codes should be geographical locations (delivery routes) so you can assign each ship to account to a Route or multiple Routes.
- Ship To Accounts - Your able to setup multiple ship to accounts per Billing Account.
- Order Entry - Use order entry to create work orders, post work as confirmed, edit work, add any add-ons and post work as shipped. Also create Quotes and Returns.
- Host-WIP - Use to process open items within your warehouse, print pull sheets and route sheets to fill work orders for shipment.
- Remote-WIP - Use to process open items ordered from remote warehouses.
- Basically the same as Host-WIP except you're pulling items for delivery to remote warehouses instead to customers.
- Double Click the blue block in the far left of any data grid to enter into Edit mode.
- Use the Search fields to filter down to locate records.
- Use TAB key to move from one field to another.
- Use ENTER key to accept a Command Button when button is active.
- During any screen session, you must select the Save All button to save all applied changes back to your database.
- This allows you to Quit without saving any changes.
- On any data grid view, you can select any column header to sort by that header ascending or descending.
- On any data grid view, you can select items by using the mouse and Shift key or Ctrl key.
- To select all - click the gray box in the top left corner. Then use Ctrl C to copy and Ctrl V to paste. You can copy/paste into any other Windows programs including Word and Excel.
- Pull-Down Menus are grouped and you drill down to the selection, use your mouse or keyboard to make selection. (For Keyboard - use Alt plus Hotkey)
Editing and Saving Changes
As you open each screen; the customer screen, order entry screen or any other screen. You're working in what is referred to as a screen session or file maintenance session. This design allows you to make many changes to many different records within the same session. Then when ready you can Save All the changes that you made back to the live databases, or you could choose not to Save any changes at all. As each screen loads, it loads all the records into that session for you to view, modify, add or delete.
Most all screens look similar to this one, you have your basic Add, Delete, Save All and Refresh buttons at the very bottom and the Edit, Apply and Cancel buttons in the Current Record section. After making a change to any record, you select the Apply button to apply that change to your session. (memory only) When you're finished making all your changes, select the Save All button to save all changes back to the databases.
- Add - add new record.
- Delete - delete current record highlighted
- Save All - save all changes back to your live databases.
- Refresh - reload all data from current databases.
- Edit - edit current highlighted record. (you can also double click record to edit)
- Apply - apply change to current session (memory).
- Cancel - cancel any change to current record being added or edited.
To Quit or Exit any screen session, click the X in the upper right corner of that window. This includes the Main Menu Screen.
This system allows multiple programs (screen sessions) to run at the same time. But not the same program or screen session.
Your system memory resources determines how many screen sessions can be opened at any given time, plus depending on how big your database files are.
Use the Memory Monitor on the main menu screen to monitor memory resources.
If you're not able to load as many sessions as you would like,
consider increasing your system's memory.
Logo and Envelope Sizes
- InvStyle2.jpg (350 x 85 pixels) Covers Phone Numbers
- InvStyle3.jpg (800 x 85 pixels) Covers Address & Phones
- StmStyle2.jpg (350 x 85 pixels) Covers Phone Numbers
- StmStyle3.jpg (900 x 85 pixels) Covers Address & Phones
- Note: Logos must match sizes in pixels...
- Note: InvStyle2 - 3 fits Invoice, Sales Order and Returns.
- Copy your logos under the ProFrame2015\Logos folder using the same file names.
- Window Envelopes:
- Double Window - 3-7/8 x 8-7/8 #9 (fits all forms)
- Single Window - 3-7/8 x 8-7/8 #9 (fits all forms)
- Chop Labels and Shipping Labels:
- Designed for Zebra LP2844 - Direct Thermal Label Printers (4" width)
- Label Size: 4x2 or 4x3...
- Mailing Address Labels - (Laser Printer) Letter Size 8-1/2 x 11 (5160/8160)
ProFrame 2015 comes with sample customers and ship to accounts so you can play with the system to get a basic idea of how it works.
The first thing you should do is Create a few work orders under Orders/Order Entry. The sample data has very few open work orders and it will be much easier
to understand if you're working with current open orders. Follow list below to get started...
- 1st - Create a few work orders using Order Entry under Orders. This will give you plenty of open orders to work with.
- Open Customer File Maintenance from File/Customer File and take a look at how customers and ship to accounts are setup.
- Open the Order Entry program from Orders/Order Entry... Post a work order with a payment, edit and save a work order..
- Also within Order Entry Add a new work order...
- Take a look at the Host-WIP under Orders...
- You should watch the Training Videos, see Training Videos for more information.
- Have fun, you're not going to hurt the sample data, you will be able to clean up the data tables later if you wish.
Backup Your Databases
I recommend SqlBackupAndFtp.com for backing up your SQL Databases, with the paid edition you can send backups to Dropbox, Google Drive, MS SkyDrive or Amazon S3.
ProFrame I Users
This version has been discontinued as of 11/01/2013... Click Here for more...